4 things we learned about fat this year
- I learned too much fat makes my ass explode, but that's my burden... and possibly my boyfriend's. I also learned, through chatting with people at work, that the people you think couldn't possibly worry about their weight do and it's both men and women who fret.
Speaking of men... it occurred to me today that a lot of the knuckle-dragging manly men I interact with have defaulted to acting like the stereotypical male because:
1. They're insecure about who they really are and if they will be accepted for who they really are
2. It's just way easier to conform than it is to fight the stereotype
3. Why fight what gives them power and privilege?
Gentlemen on the flist, what's your take on this?
Back to food, by now you know I love food. I love reading about it, I love looking at pictures about it, and I even plan trips around it! Well, this site
may be about to inspire another trip. XD I... sort of want to do a food truck trip! We have one food truck that I know of in Edmonton (BELGIAN WAFFLES ANYONE?) but that is hardly enough for me! Ooh and a quick google search shows there is at least one more! I really need to do up a list for summer food truck hunting! That's also the problem with food trucks in Edmonton... it's really just a summer thing. Especially on days like today where we have whiteout blizzard conditions.
Actually... I wouldn't mind working in a food truck. I've always wanted a hot dog stand and this would be very similar, right?! HMMmmmmm...
It's closer to Christmas and I'm sure there will be people on my flist getting new video games (EPIC MICKEY!) so you might be interested in this site
. From their 'About' page:The Border House is a blog for gamers. It's a blog for those who are feminist, queer, disabled, people of color, transgendered, poor, gay, lesbian, and others who belong to marginalized groups, as well as allies. Our goal is to bring thoughtful analysis to gaming with a feminist viewpoint and up-to-date news on games, virtual worlds, and social media.
It's a mouthful but I've enjoyed reading through and I've even picked up some game recommendations!Stem cell transplant has cured HIV infection in 'Berlin patient', say doctors
- Has this been confirmed or debunked yet? Not according to Google News. This could be huge.The Biggest Mistakes Writers Make When Querying Literary Agents
- WORTH the time it takes to read as I often hear my talented writer friends struggle with query letters. Also, the video is hilarious. XD